Saturday, September 16, 2006

Human Nature



I was contacted by Steven, The author of the following blog.
I think its a must read for everyone pay him a visit and say hi.
This story really hit home for me.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Pathetic

The waiting for the call is killing me.

Wasting time becomes a priority. Wanting to forget the promise of the phone ringing becomes an obsession. My mind and body must consume itself with some other kinds of activities. Yet, there are only so many things I can read, places I can clean, people I can talk to (not on the phone, because, you know), and things I can eat.

When all is said and done, my mind goes back to the call. The phone may not be anywhere near me, but as far as I'm concerned, it's always within listening distance.

You start to think they're not going to call. But, they have to. They said they would. As each minute passes, a little bit of me dies. Actually, a part of me sickens. My head throbs, my insides twist, and I feel woozy. It's like nausea.

Come on! It's a phone, not a nuclear reactor! You don't need to be Stephen Hawking to know how to dial a series of numbers. Even a monkey can dial a series of numbers! Just pick up the receiver, and...

Breathe. Calm down. Reset.

No comments: