Friday, April 21, 2006

George slams Elton




George Michael has accused Sir Elton John of stirring up a "soap opera" around his life.

Speaking during an interview with Michael Parkinson he said: "Every artist has a soap opera and people decide where they are in it. The trajectory of my particular soap opera launched from the statement Elton made 18 months ago, when I hadn't seen him in a year.

"Elton said he thought I was miserable for some reason and I've been trying to prove I'm not ever since."

He decided to go ahead with the interview days after police questioned him after he allegedly collided with three parked cars near his north London home. He said of the incident: "I pulled out of a parking space badly."

George also spoke of his recent arrest at the wheel near Hyde Park, Central London, earlier this year saying he had nodded off at 3am.

According to The Sun he added: "I recorded with Tony Bennett the same night. It was my mother's memorial a day later, so I hadn't slept well."

When Parkinson asked him about being found with cannabis George laughed and said: "Are we really going to say that was dramatic?"

He also revealed he will tour again this year.

2 comments:

Brad said...

It sounds like our friend George is paddling down a river. You know the one: De-Nile.

BlackGold said...

I have a feeling he has a problem with his sexuality it tends to mess up a persons head if its not dealt with properly.
But hey what do I know.