Friday, April 07, 2006

Girl get that foot out of your mouth



American Idol contestant Mandisa, who was voted off the hit Fox show Wednesday, said she would not perform at an event held in support of homosexuals.

Still, she said in an interview on the magazine's website, she's "really upset" by speculation she endorses the ex-gay movement - a collection of Christian groups that seek to alter sexual orientation. The speculation stemmed from comments she made on the American Idol website praising author and speaker Beth Moore, of Living Proof Ministries. Moore's website has links to groups such as Exodus International that discourage homosexuality.

"It broke my heart," Mandisa said.

"I live my life by the value system that you treat others the way you want to be treated. I let love be my guide."

"I absolutely hate no one."

No comments: