Friday, March 16, 2007

Shocking Nude Christ Pics


The author of two photo books featuring religious scenes from famous paintings with added erotic elements to them said that he didn't intent to offend or mock Catholics.

The black and white pictures, taken by Spanish photographer Jose Antonio Moreno and widely reproduced by newspapers and internet sites since the controversy started earlier this week, have sparked outcry in deeply Catholic Spain.

SOUNDBITE:Photogragher Jose Antonio Moreno "Jam" Montoya, saying (Spanish):
"My intention with these pictures was to criticise religion, in the sense that for Catholics sex is the sin 'par excellence'. (In Christianity) all is intended to repress sexuality from the natural human condition."
"Coming from the Church, it doesn't shock me at all. I don't mind them, their comments --I'm on a different story right now. Most likely I will never do that kind of pictures again in my life, simply because my mind in on a different story now. No, I don't care (about the Church's criticism). And if they excommunicate me, even better."
"Like Bush (US President George Bush) says: 'collateral damage'. I'm sorry because I don't want to offend anyone, but the thing is that unintended collateral damage happens."

No comments: